Present Like a Pro!
Using Video and Audio in PowerPoint Presentations
Use video and audio links in your PowerPoint presentation and have the confidence that they will work right the first time and every time no matter what computer you use.
You can embed a video or link to a video from your PowerPoint presentation. When you embed your video, you don't have to worry about lost files when you deliver your presentation because all the files are there. If you want to limit the size of your presentation, you can link to a video file on your local drive or to a video file that you uploaded to a web site, such as YouTube or hulu.
Embed a video from a file:
- In Normal view, click the slide in which you want to embed a video.
- On the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the arrow under Video, and then click Video from file.
- In the Insert Video dialog box, locate and click the video that you want to embed, and then click Insert.
You can link to an external video or movie file from your Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 presentation. By linking your video, you can reduce the file size of your presentation.
Important Please make sure that you have the owner's approval before you link to, use, or distribute content that is copyrighted. To add a link to a video from your PowerPoint presentation, do the following:
- On the Slides tab in Normal view, click the slide to which you want to add a video or animated GIF file.
- On the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the arrow under Video.
- Click Video from File, locate and click the file that you want to link to.
- On the Insert button, click the down arrow, and then click Link to file.
Important: To prevent possible problems with broken links, it is a good idea to copy the videos into the same folder as your presentation, and link to them there. If you are using a different computer you can store all your files with your presentation on a flash drive but make sure you are linking to the files on the flash drive.